Consumer Lender / Loan Assistant
LENDER POSITION DESCRIPTION:
- Meet with potential and existing clients for all consumer lending needs
- Gather information for loan origination and evaluation
- Underwrite consumer applications
- Prepare consumer loan documents
- Close consumer loans and preparing appropriate loan files
- Complete all appropriate loan file information
- Maintain and follow up on file information including insurance, lien cards, lien perfection, UCC monitoring where applicable and other pertinent documentation requirements
- Service all consumer loans including all delinquent loans and providing work out plans.
- Cross-sell all bank products.
- Maintain tickler system
- Process denied and withdrawn loans
- Monitor escrow analysis
- Review and make decisions on overdrafts
- Ensure that the Bank is meeting customer expectations and that all consumer lending activities are in compliance with Bank policy, state and federal regulations and other prudent lending and business practices.
- Other duties as assigned On–going training will include appropriate consumer lending courses that include underwriting, regulatory and other applicable training opportunities.
LOAN ASSISTANT POSITION DESCRIPTION:
- Accurate document processing and fulfillment of loans ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and regulations from the point of origination through closing.
- Loan file completion/maintenance
- Assist in the development and implementation of daily processes and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Assure a smooth and efficient work flow in loan fulfillment and customer loan support.
- Responsible for cordial and enthusiastic greeting of each and every customer.
- Process all daily transactions & payments in an efficient and timely matter with optimum accuracy.
- Process construction draws
- Process paid loan files
- Balance loan related general ledgers
- Scan loan files
- Review and quality check loan files
- Other assignments will include tracking insurance, escrow processing, new loan data entry, loan denials & withdraws, assisting with payment processing, writing/updating procedures.
- Assist with special projects/other duties as assigned
- 2 years of post-secondary education, business or finance and 2 years’ experience in finance, banking or related field.
- Good communication/listening skills
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft products and bank software
- Self motivated
- Ability to train others
- Mathematical skills/aptitude
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to plan and organize workload, set priorities and pay close attention to detail under time constraints.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Outstanding customer service skills in dealing with bank clients.