The Customer Service Department is responsible for providing a level of customer service that goes beyond each and every customer’s expectations. The Department is responsible for handling all inquiries, by phone or in person, with knowledgeable and friendly service, maintaining good customer relations, cross-selling and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. The associates work cooperatively with other bank departments and process daily transactions and activities relating to and/or generated as a result of direct or indirect customer contact. All transactions are processed with optimum efficiency, timeliness, and accuracy.
The part-time teller position is responsible for greeting each and every customer in a friendly, enthusiastic manner, servicing all customers’ needs and processing all daily transactions in an efficient and timely manner with optimum accuracy. The teller is responsible for follow-through as needed for the integrity, perfection and fulfillment of the transaction. Included in their daily tasks will be teller transactions/balancing, safe deposit box entry, vault balancing, ATM settlement, customer inquiries, cross-selling bank products and services, assist with back-office processing, and other projects as assigned.
- Provides friendly, helpful service that provides lasting relationships through:
- Preparing for daily interactions with a professional image and an organized workstation.
- Maintaining knowledge of Falcon products and processes.
- Taking responsibility for waiting customers.
- Proactively greeting customers with a smile, introductions, and full attention.
- Understanding the customer’s objectives by asking appropriate questions and listening to the customer’s responses.
- Recommending the best solution to strengthen the customer’s financial well-being or guiding the customer to the appropriate staff to fulfill their needs.
- Processing the transaction accurately and efficiently.
- Following up with the customer to ensure satisfaction.
- Processes routine consumer and business financial inquiries, transactions, and service requests including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and purchases of negotiable instruments.
- Identifies customer needs with deposits, loans, convenient services, and investment services using basic knowledge and seamlessly refers members to appropriate staff.
- Secures the bank’s assets by handling cash and negotiable instruments in a consistent manner, properly identifying customers, keeping customer information confidential, balancing at the end of each business day, and completing necessary reports that summarize daily activities.
- Maintains up to date knowledge and adheres to all regulations, policies, procedures, and standards that pertain to this position.
- Cross sell the Bank’s products and services. Promote business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Achieves individual and branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Good communication and listening skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer skills
- Detail oriented
- Computer literate
- Self motivated
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as a team player
- High level of accuracy